Wednesday, 23 November 2011

Classic Golf Instruction with Gregg Mchatton and Sam Snead

Today we get to listen to my mentor describe some of the components of a classic golf swing. You'll also get some bonus footage of Sam Snead. Once again, it's hard to go on one of these forums without hearing advice like, "Shorten your swing", "Restrict your hips" etc, etc. I believe the Golf Swing is about synchronicity, the pivot and the arms being in synch with proper sequential motion. It's not about changing your swing, it's about letting Freedom Ring.
I don't know about you but I prefer to get my instructional insight from guys like Gregg and Sam Snead.



The Video clip being used is from Gregg's video "4 Keys", one of the best out there in my opinion. It is available from OHP direct.

Here's the Slicefixer swing I was talking about below, if this is not classic; what is?
Note the Lag, the squat compression and the Torque in the downswing where it belongs:




And BTW, I now remember that Geoff emphasizes a deep hip turn, so where this restriction originated is beyond me.

Hit em Straight

Source: http://www.gothamgolfblog.com/2011/11/classic-golf-instruction-with-gregg.html

gary player nick price vijay singh payne stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment